Class Attendee 10 Minute Workout
I’ve produced a 10 minute Pilates workout available to anyone attending my classes. This can be used while on holiday, if you miss a class, or if you want to do a little extra during the week.
Disclaimer: This program has been developed only for those who attend my classes and have been identified as suitable to use it.
Download Work-out PDF
Stand up, then:
- Toy soldier. Optional: increase arm movement (so arms reach above head) 30 seconds.
- Pelvis movements forward and backwards ✕ 5-10.
- Quater squats ✕ 10.
- Stand on one leg and hold for 20 seconds if possible. Optional: add arm openings.
- Skater ✕ 5 each side.
- Plie squat ✕ 10. Optional – on last one: hold in position, pulse for 10.
- Mermaid stretch - hold for 10 seconds. 1 each side.
- Roll down ✕ 3. Last one: hamstring stretch 10-20 seconds.
Come to 4 point kneel, then:
- Cat and cow stretch ✕ 5.
- Swimming choose level 1-3 (keeping lower back and pelvis level at all levels).
- Level 1: Bring one arm in front, return hand down, Repeat with other arm ✕ 5 each arm.
- Level 2 stretch the leg away, return to start. Repeat with other leg ✕ 5 each leg.
- Level 3: opposite arm and leg ✕ 10.
- Shell stretch 20 second hold.
Lie on side, then:
- Clam ✕ 10.
- Lift and Lower (the top leg is straight and moves up and down) ✕ 10. Hold leg up for 10 seconds on last repetition.
- Repeat 1-2 on other side.
Lie on back, then:
- Shoulder bridge, level 1 ✕ 10.
- Stretch glutes 20 sec hold.
- Abdominal preparation (sit ups) ✕ 10.
- Oblique prep (diagonal sit up). Optional progression: legs in tabletop, ✕ 5 each side
- Hundreds – choose your level.
- Knee hug followed by gentle head rotations after this section.
Place knees and feet together, then:
- Hip twist level 2 (knee rolls with shoulders staying on the mat) ✕ 5 each way.
- Stretch hamstrings and circle at hip ✕ 5 each way. Repeat other side.
Lie on side, then:
- Arm openings level 1 ✕ 5
- Repeat other side.
Return to feet, then:
- Roll shoulders ✕ 5.
- Circle arms ✕ 5.
- Corkscrew ✕ 3.
If you would like a longer workout you can increase the number of repetitions.